MyUPB.com Discussion forums
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Announcements

This project is not completely dead. I've just started a blog to keep people up to date.
Due to large amounts to spam sign-ups, I am adding new members manually. Please email me at clark@NOSPAMmyupb.com if you wish to register so I can create your account (remove "NOSPAM" from the email address)
~~~~ Clark

If you're getting a "Deprecated" error message, follow the instructions here

URGENT Security Patch for ≤ v2.2.6
A security hole has been discovered, follow the instructions and download the patch at the topic page.
Did the patch break your search page? Search Patch

Download myUPB
Version 2.2.7 Released - 24th December 2010

Pages (5): 3
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 3:09:22 pm
pete917

Quote: Clark at Jun 25, 2009 2:40:33 pm
I'm wondering how easy it would be to implement category watching and forum watching and whether people would want those features.

Thats not a bad idea Clark

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 3:25:46 pm
Clark

It might be too complicated but having just topic monitoring for now is better than not.
Clark

myUPB Developer

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 4:09:48 pm
pete917

I notice that the topic monitoring has been implemented here.  It is not working consistently for me.  If you loomk at the 'watch topic' button, after you click it it goes to 'unwatch topic' - great.  If you navigate away and then back again, the button has reverted to 'watch topic'.

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 8:25:08 am
Jono345

OK guys, just gone over it in my head and I've got some ideas. I'm gonna fire up Aptana now and have something pretty soon :)

Microsoft  Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA Messaging)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP XP)
SDI Help Desk Analyst (SDI HDA)
CompTIA A+ Certified Technician (A+)

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 9:10:40 am
Jono345

Alrighty guys, time for take two, with a few scripting changes. Turns out that Quick-Reply isn't actually firing off the email notifications, but is quite happily clearing all the email notification flags against the topic, which most likely explains the issues you are seeing.

Good news is that I've fixed it, and just to make it even better there are two variations. Same as before, download the patch and extract it to the root of the myupb installation, overwriting files where necessary.

Single Email: A version that will send one email, then clear the list of people monitoring the topic (So everyone gets notified once, and no more until they watch the topic again)

Multi Email: Everyone watching the topic receives an email when there is a new post, and will continue to receive them until they un-watch the topic.

Give this one a go and let us know how it goes!

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 9:38:18 am
Clark

Okay, these forums have been patched with multi-email.

Let us know if there are any problems.
Clark

myUPB Developer

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 1:06:46 pm
pete917

Many thanks.

So, Im going to watch this thread and see what happens.  Can someplease please postr a reply so I can see how it works.

btw - which file do I need to look at to alter the message sent out to people monitoring the topic?

Clark - which of the two versions did you implement on this board?

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 1:11:01 pm
Clark

Hmmm...I didn't get an email when you replied.

How about this reply pete, did you get an email about it??

I implemented the multi-email version.
Clark

myUPB Developer

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 1:12:19 pm
pete917

So Ive tested and I get two errors:

- I get a "forum does not exist' when I click on the link in the email;
- I get the following error when I click on the reply direct link:

"Notice: Text Database Error: posts__topics is not a valid table in posts.tdb Executed on /home/myupbco/public_html/forum/newpost.php at line 11. near line 417 in /home/myupbco/public_html/forum/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 1795

Notice: Text Database Error: posts_ is not a valid table in posts.tdb Executed on /home/myupbco/public_html/forum/newpost.php at line 12. near line 417 in /home/myupbco/public_html/forum/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 1795"

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 1:31:10 pm
Jono345

Ah siiiiiigh, forgot to check that in the ajax.php file. The values aren't populating properly because the variables have different names. I didn't get a reply either... weird.

EDIT: Clark, the mail() calls in this code have been @'ed out to stop error messages. I think the call's failing and we just cant see it due to some stupid server problem. Could you take a look?

As for the error messages, I'll fire up Aptana again and have another look at what I've missed.

Pages (5): 3