MyUPB.com Discussion forums
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.

Announcements

Work on this project is resumed. Please see the blog for more info: http://www.myupb.com/blog/

You can also visit unofficial MyUPB forum and MyUPB repository on GitHub.
Or visit #myupb channel on freenode IRC.

If you're getting a "Deprecated" error message, follow the instructions here

URGENT Security Patch for ≤ v2.2.6
A security hole has been discovered, follow the instructions and download the patch at the topic page.
Did the patch break your search page? Search Patch

Download myUPB
Version 2.2.7 Released - 24th December 2010

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 3:36:24 am
SammySnake

I just tried to update to V2.2.6 for the 5th or 6th time and it has failed with the following errors showing up in the error log:

[10-Jan-2010 20:43:38] PHP Notice:  <b>Text Database Error</b>: Unable to execute edit().  Unable to retrieve fileID  Executed on /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/delete.php at line 39. near line 854 in /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 1786

[10-Jan-2010 20:46:12] PHP Notice:  <b>Text Database Error</b>: Unable to execute edit().  Unable to retrieve fileID  Executed on /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/delete.php at line 39. near line 854 in /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 1786

[10-Jan-2010 20:47:46] PHP Notice:  <b>Text Database Error</b>: Unable to execute edit().  Unable to retrieve fileID  Executed on /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/delete.php at line 39. near line 854 in /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 1786

[10-Jan-2010 20:49:00] PHP Notice:  <b>Text Database Error</b>: Unable to execute edit().  Unable to retrieve fileID  Executed on /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/delete.php at line 39. near line 854 in /home/mydomain/public_html/forum/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 1786

I have replaced the domain name to "mydomain" but other than that the error message is intact.

I bcked up my forum before hand and followed the instructions in the readme file. I also created a blank config.php file as has been noted in several threads.

I have php version 5.2.9 running on my server.

If I've forgotten something please let me know what else you great group of people need.

I have version 2.2.3 running on a very seldom used site and would love to get updated to version 2.2.6 but every time I try, since upgrading to v2.2.3, the upgrade process fails.

Sammy

[EDIT] I should add that if all else fails I can always go and delete the current forum and do a fresh install.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 8:41:47 pm
Clark

Is this during the installation/upgrade process?

If so at what point does it happen

It seems to be related to file uploads from a first glance.
Clark

myUPB Developer

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 2:24:28 am
SammySnake

It is during the upgrade  proess. as far as I can tell. I uploaded all of the files in the downloaded zip file and created an empty config.php file and chmod it to 666. I then go and execute the update.php file as the readme.txt file instructs.

I then get a screen that tells me that there are 9 things to update and then I get the license screen that I have to checkoff and the click on the "proceed" button. I figured I neened to do this nine times and on the tenth time I finally figure out that I'm in a never ending loop so I aborted out and deleted the whole forum and then uploaded the complete backup I had made and saw the error log and just cut and pasted what was in it and put that in my previous post.

I'll tell you that the upgrade to 2.2.3 was smooth but ever since I have not been able to do any other upgrade. I like the flat  file format, I despise dealing with MySql, but am contemplating going to a SMF forum primarily because I have one running for the past five years on another of my sites and the update/upgrade process is so very smooth.

Please get this figured out or I'll just have to move on.

Sammy  (confused)  (M)  (wallbash)