MyUPB.com Discussion forums
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Announcements

This project is not completely dead. I've just started a blog to keep people up to date.
Due to large amounts to spam sign-ups, I am adding new members manually. Please email me at clark@NOSPAMmyupb.com if you wish to register so I can create your account (remove "NOSPAM" from the email address)
~~~~ Clark

If you're getting a "Deprecated" error message, follow the instructions here

URGENT Security Patch for ≤ v2.2.6
A security hole has been discovered, follow the instructions and download the patch at the topic page.
Did the patch break your search page? Search Patch

Download myUPB
Version 2.2.7 Released - 24th December 2010

Posted: Oct 07, 2008 10:17:17 am
lauriedunsire

Hey everyone,

I'm having a few problems installing the new version of UPB.  I used to use an older version but this was on a different server, I've downloaded the new one and tried it on 3 different websites now with the same problem - note all my sites are on a different server than when I used the previous version.

Can anyone help or give me some suggestions as to what the problem might be?  I'm more of a designer than coder or techy so there may be a fundamental problem with the servers I'm using that I'm not aware of!

Cheers, Laurie

When I run the install.php file I get:

Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@*******.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.*******.co.uk Port 80

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 5:02:03 am
SammySnake

Sounds like a permissions error to me. Your forum folder needs to set to either 777 or 755 and all of the folders below it must be set the same way. Use 755 if your host is using PHPsuexec. All ather files should be 644.

HTH